8 Practical Tips on Choosing Your Clinic’s Provider of Dental Equipment and Supplies
If you’re planning to open your dental clinic, one of the first things you must secure is your dental facilities provider. By getting quality and durable dental equipment and supplies, you can deliver better dental care to your patients. This article rounds up seven practical tips on how to choose the right supplier for you.
- Compare and get quotes from different suppliers. The general rule when it comes to procuring any supply for a business is to look for at least three suppliers and get quotes from them. You can better decide which company will give you your dental equipment and supplies if you have options you can weigh in.
- Choose a company with a comprehensive inventory. One way to be more cost-effective in your procurement is to choose a provider with a huge inventory of dental equipment and supplies. Many suppliers tend to give discounts if you will purchase more items from them.
- Check the equipment’s quality and features. The quality of your dental equipment and gear — from X-ray machines down to the simplest dental instruments — can significantly affect the way you provide dental care for your patients. You have to pay particular attention to this because it can also help you save money in the long run if you invest in quality equipment.
- Consider the logistics. The nearer your supplier is to your clinic, the more cost-effective the logistics will be. If you have a reputable supplier within your area, it will be an advantage for you to choose that company over others.
- Inquire if they offer a loyalty program. There are dental instruments companies that offer a loyalty program — a scheme that offers exclusive discounts and deals to their loyal customers.
- Ask about their after-sales service. Another helpful tip is asking about your prospective supplier’s after-sales service — they should be able to provide reliable maintenance and repair services, especially for equipment and devices that are crucial in your dental care provision.
- Look into their customer service. Though a company’s inventory and the quality of their products are factors you should prioritize, you shouldn’t ignore their work attitude and professionalism. It will be advantageous for you to build a long-term relationship with a supplier with great customer service.
- Get references. Dental suppliers (including those that specialize in providing equipment for dental education model building) can be considered credible if they are not hesitant to give references whenever they’re requested by their clients. It’s an indicator that they have customers who can attest to the quality of their services and products.